Saturday, February 12, 2011

"You are the most arrogant person I know!"

"Sarah, you are the most arrogant person I know.” This was a statement from my brother. Since he is my brother he knows me pretty well, the comment had a great impact on me. In fact, it has caused me to begin praying for humility. I had to seek God's help with this, because I didn't really know what he was talking about. Now I do.

Praying for humbling isn't bad; having God answer that prayer is another matter all together. I don't think there is any part of my life that hasn't been exposed. It reminds me of when I went to the dentist  as a little girl. My teeth always looked good to me until he had me chew on a small tablet. Suddenly my teeth were covered by a red stain. The stain simply exposed the plaque that had been there all along. So it has been with my arrogance. It's been there all along, but through prayer God has opened my eyes so that I can see it. YUCK!

Andrew, my son, fixed up a blog site for me when he was home at Christmas. I wanted to share my Bible Studies. Why haven't I? I'm to proud. I'm afraid to expose my inability to do it just right — so I haven't done it at all.

 One of the main reasons I have been praying for humility is because what I really want is grace. The Bible teaches that God resists the proud, but He gives grace to the humble. The way I see it, I can either live my life in arrogance based on my pride, or I can, in humility, cast my cares on Jesus and live by grace.

To be honest, I'm not there yet. This is really hard. I don't like what I see. This has been a depressing journey, but I'm not finished yet. My encouragement for today is this,"But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us,O Lord, even as we put our hope in you" (Ps. 33:18-22).

So begins my Blog about hope. I have put my confidence, my hope, in the unfailing love of my Redeemer. Now I will wait for my transformation through the power of His grace.


3 comments:

  1. Im so excited that you have put this up! are you going to upload some of your old studies soon or just new ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is God who is at work in you to will and work for His good pleasure.
    He is at work in me through this Sarah.

    Be blessed by His grace,

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling - never be afraid to do the thing God sends to your hand, however it comes out. Trust his grace to use you in whatever ways he has chosen. I can only say this because I've been living it, these past four years - in different ways than you, for sure, but nonetheless...

    ReplyDelete