Thursday, March 10, 2011

I want to increase your faith

The year was 1970 we were sitting in a chicken house we had recently cleaned out and Kay Arthur was teaching us about faith."I want to increase your faith",she said. She then called our attention to the hill behind the chicken house and added, "One day there will be dormitories on that hill."

I decided to pray for something else that would increase my faith. Every time I went to the Bible study at Reach Out Ranch I could see the silhouette of a woman advertising the Play Late Club. I began asking God to do something about that place. As time went on I fine tuned my prayer and started asking God to use that place to bring Himself glory.

Several years passed. I went off to college got married and then moved back to the area. My husband and I decided to attend a Bible study at the Ranch. As we were driving there I suddenly let out a gasp."What's wrong ", my husband said. I told him about my prayers concerning the Play Late Club. What had startled me was this, in the place where the silhouette had been there was now a cross. When we arrived for our Bible study we met in the dormitories that Kay had spoken of by faith ten years earlier.

What are my prayer of faith today? I look at the barren landscape of  peoples lives and ask that they might become temples of the Holy Spirit. I see the evidence of sin in the lives of people I love and pray they would know the redeeming power of the cross.

These prayers that haven't been answered yet but I am sure of what I hope for and confident about what I don't see. Isn't that what faith is?

No comments:

Post a Comment