Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let the day begin!

"And there was evening and there was morning and the first day."Genesis 1: 5  Don't you think that should read ,"And there was morning and evening and the first day"?  This idea of the day beginning in the evening seems odd to me. How can the day begin just as I'm getting ready to go to sleep the day should begin when I wake up. But maybe there is a message in this order, maybe the message is that I am not the center of the Universe.

I have a Franklin Planner. I really like it but I have noticed that my stress level goes up if what I plan to happen doesn't happen. When I start planning out months, weeks and days in advance I feel like saying ,"It is written therefore it must be!" This must be the way the rooster feels when it thinks the Sun rises because it crowed. I think a lot of stress is produced when I feel responsible for things I can't control.

Something I have found to help this stress I put on myself is to write across the front of the page,"Man makes his plans ,but the Lord controls what happens." Proverbs 16: 9

Well, it's getting late I think I'll go to bed. Let the day begin!

1 comment: