Wednesday, April 6, 2011

You will steer the car in the direction you are looking

"Sarah! keep your eyes on the road." I remember hearing this a lot when I was learning to drive. Up until they put me in the drivers seat I had been a passenger and had the liberty to gaze at the scenery.  Now I was told that I would steer the car in the direction I was looking.

I have found this to be true in my life in general. When I find myself feeling depressed or angry I stop and consider what I'm thinking about. I find Philippians 4:8 very helpful," Finally, brothers, whatever is true. whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things." What happens when I choose to think about these things ? I find the verse that follows to be true,"And  the God of peace will be with you."

Once when I was a little girl and I was full of gloom an older Christian shared this verse with me. "...offer to God a sacrifice of praise"Hebrews 13:15   I just want to say that if you are feeling depressed it's really hard to praise God.  I guess that is why it would be considered a sacrifice. However, I have found again and again that just as you steer the car in the direction you are looking ,your emotions follow the direction of your thoughts.

Since I have been given a choice today of what to think about I have decided to rejoice in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment