Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Sun always rises

I was appalled at their lack of faith! God had opened the Red Sea for them drowned their enemies and three days later they were grumbling?! I was appalled when I first read this as a child as a middle aged woman I completely identify with their grumbling. I'm a pro at grumbling it's not something I'm proud of it's just something I struggle with.

I had an amazing trip to Romania. I met wonderful people I was a part of a fantastic team I got to be a part of something God was doing. Came home and was slammed with jet lag! Lost my balance for about two weeks. I made an emotional u-turn, do I identify with the children of Israel?  Oh yeah!

I have found something in nature that I identify with, day and night. I have observed in my lifetime that there is a pattern that repeats its self over and over and over day is always followed by night. The darkness of night always has to surrender to the power of the Sun.

In my emotional life I have found that " weeping may remain for the night, but joy comes in the morning" Psalms 30:5  I have also discovered that the nighttime of my emotions is a good time for me to examine my heart. "In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent." Psalms 4:4 Night time becomes a time of reflection for me. " On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night." Psalms 63:6 Sometimes I have to use my memory because when I'm depressed I don't feel God's presents. Even though He's still there.

This is one thing I am sure of the Sun always rises. One day" the sun of righteous will rise with healing in its wings."Malachi 4:2  On that day all my emotional nights will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment