Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"They think I'm the team leader!"

"They think I'm the team leader !"" That's because you are.", I said with a smile. Perhaps she thought I would be the leader because I was almost fifteen years older than she was but leadership ability does not come with years. Paula proved to be an excellent leader on our Romanian trip.

Several years ago I was struggling with the obvious gaps in my personality. I lamented the fact that I was not a leader nor  was I an administrator. Trying harder and reading books about the subject didn't seem to help either.

I prayed and asked God for His perspective for my obvious lack since He was the one who made me the way I am. As I prayed I began to see myself as a piece of a puzzle. I realized that I only considered the convex parts as valuable. I saw them as my Spiritual gifts.

In prayer I felt God showing me that the concave part of the puzzle was as much a gift as the convex. He created me to be part of his body. I realized that instead of being given all the Spiritual gifts within myself He gave me other people to make me complete. He gave me the gift of relationships.

God gave Paula the gift of leadership but He gave me the gift of encouragement so I could cheer her on in carrying out the responsibilities of her new role.

2 comments:

  1. She was such a great leader. I'm w/ you on this. It isn't my gift and I'm so relieved that he equips others with this gift. Makes my life so much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blessing for Paula. Your gift of encouragement is surely a factor if she's a good leader now. And you complemented her well. That's why we should not look at what others have. What they don't have can be our gain. :)

    ReplyDelete