Monday, April 4, 2011

The lifter of my head

I didn't know anyone could take up so little space. I noticed her my first night in Romania. I was there to teach a nightly Bible study. She came with her head bent down not joining any conversation she perched on the very edge of the couch.

I have noticed that sometimes songs have a rhythmic beat that reminds me of the beating of a heart. Each Bible study  I did had an underling beat that went like this,"Jesus loves you, Jesus loves you, Jesus loves you."

Slowly she began to lift her head. I remember the first time she dared make eye contact. On the third day she wrote her name and gave it to my interpretor. On the forth day I greeted her by name and saw her smile. We took a picture the last night of the Bible study I will always be able to pick her out in that picture she's the one who has her arm around my shoulder.

I never heard her story  but by God's grace I was allowed to write a sentence of it. It went like this,"You are loved, you are loved, you are loved!" I was given the privilege of seeing the love of Jesus lift her head.

1 comment:

  1. Love that song. I want to go visit their church so badly.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete