Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I Can See a Rainbow!

Yesterday I went to the doctor and heard, "You have a brain tumor." I'm really glad my sister was with me because once I found out there was a tumor growing in my brain it was hard to focus on anything else. My sister has a nursing degree so she was able to ask the right questions and listen to the answers with understanding.

The doctor said it was the good kind of tumor because it grew slowly and 90% of the time this type tumor is benign. In some cases brain surgery is needed. Because the tumor is on the auditory nerve sometimes hearing can be lost when the surgery is done. So this is the physical reality in which I now live but I also live in a spiritual reality.

The day before I found out about my tumor I was visiting with a very dear friend of mine who is an atheist. Because I love her so much I wanted to share with her not only my physical life experiences but my spiritual life as well. I failed miserably and simply came across as being "preachy."

I thought about what I had wanted to communicate. This morning sitting here knowing that there is a tumor growing in my brain I know exactly what I was trying to tell her. I wanted to share with her the rainbow that I see. My daughter got married Saturday and at the reception there was a double rainbow. I wasn't satisfied to just look at it. I wanted everyone around me to see it too. "Look up! Can you see the rainbow?!"

Thank You so much Father for filling my cloudy sky the beauty of a rainbow! Your loving presence fills my physical and spiritual reality. Please help me to share what I believe without being"preachy." I want others to know the joy and hope I feel in You that cannot be disturbed by the presence of a brain tumor.

11 comments:

  1. I love you my dear friend! I am praying for you and your family. I am glad your sister was with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I ever met you, I overheard you talking about the Lord. I knew nothing about you but by the way you spoke if Him, I knew you knew Him like very few people do. I had to hear you speak about Him again. There was nothing preachy about your words. Your words expressed familiarity, intimacy. I felt I could ask you any question I had about God, about how to pursue Him and find Him, and you would know how to answer. I rushed to get your phone number. And I'm so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. again, you are a great example of faith to me! love you and praying for you, dear sarah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaby,
    I love you. Thank you for both your prayers and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is full of love and prayer for you. Thank you for standing in your faith. God is still good and still loves us. And He gives us rainbows to show us His hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sweet friend. So many times today Jesus brought you to heart. And with His reminder came His peace that surpasses all understanding. HE is real in your life, from your genuine kindness and care for others to know Him to the twinkle in your eye when you speak of Him it is evident without words that you walk deeply with the Lover of your soul. May you rest secure between His shoulders and know His shield about you all day long. You are His beloved. -DEUT 33:12 I pray you hear Him singing love songs as He rejoices over you. With His unfailing love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, I read this right before I went to bed last night. What a beautiful thing to meditate on in the watches of the night. thank you

      Delete
  7. Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
    I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
    . Anyhow, great blog!
    Here is my web-site : spiritual

    ReplyDelete