Sunday, September 2, 2012

I Saw Jesus At the Wedding

My little girl got married yesterday. All throughout the preparations I had a prayer that was a constant as the beating of my heart. "Lord Jesus, come to the wedding feast. Make your presents known." This morning I can't stop crying not because He didn't come but because He did. My tears are tears of joy not sorrow.

I saw Jesus at the wedding. His reflection was on all the faces of our friends and family who surrounded us as we prepared to celebrate. Again and again I felt my inadequacy. "Oh Jesus, I have no more strength." In the midst of my weakness I felt His loving presence by those who came to my aid. Every crisis became an opportunity for Him to turn the water into wine and bring joy.

I saw Jesus at the wedding. Today my mind is filled with the memory of the smiling faces of the Bride and Groom. I watched as my little girl walked down the aisle, her face glowed with the love that filled her heart. Her groom was waiting. The Bride had made herself ready for this moment. The preacher spoke of Jesus waiting to receive His bride. I saw His love reflected in their faces.

I saw Jesus at the wedding. We had prayed it wouldn't rain but it did. With the rain came the humidity. I always want life to be perfect. My plan was there would NOT be rain! Jesus' plan was to penetrate the raindrops with the light of His presents. He sent not one but two rainbows. The rain lasted but a moments the rainbows lingered.

Lord Jesus, thank You for coming to the wedding! Just as You did at Canon of Galilee You took the ordinary and made it extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment