Thursday, September 13, 2012

Walking in The Truth

I was standing in line when the woman in front of me said, "Do you know what today is? It's Tuesday, September 11, the eleventh anniversary of the Tuesday America was attacked does that bother you?" I guess she thought it might bother me because we were standing in line to get on a plane. Her question caused me to remember what I was doing eleven years ago.

I was preparing to go to a church and speak when someone called and told me about the airplanes crashing into the Twin Towers. The talk I gave that morning was from 3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. What is the truth you walk in when your world seems so uncertain? Is it the truth that was shown repeatedly on the television that we were under attack?

The truth I choose to walk in is not found on the nightly news. The truth I choose to walk in is not based on negative test results. The truth I choose to walk in is found in God's Word. "I have loved you with an everlasting love: I have drawn you with loving kindness." (Jeremiah 31:3) If I based my life on negative things I would be shrouded by fear. When I base my life on the truth that I am loved by God I am wrapped in a deep since of peace.

When I walk in this truth of God's love I am choosing to walk by faith. "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:6) How can I live a life that brings God joy and pleases Him? I can do that by walking in the truth that, He exists, He loves me, and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. I can walk in this truth even in a world that can sometimes be scary.

Father, thank You that in You I find peace regardless of what the news is. Help me to walk in Your truth today and share that truth with others.

1 comment:

  1. YES ! A crucial " report " on our faithfulness to Him .
    Unblind us all Lord , so many in the church world are acting like " dumb sheep " because the world does blind us .
    Turn to Him
    In His word He has taught us how to stand , how to pray . United in HIM . Read it again .. He will show you more, amen ?

    ReplyDelete