Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meditations in the Morning

I like to wake up before the Sun does. I start my day in the early morning silence. The silence is replaced by the sound of birds. I watch as the morning light chases away the shadows of the night. I have read that God's mercy is new every morning so I approach the new day with anticipation.

I don't know what the new day will bring but I know who brings the day. "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ."(Ephesians 2:4-7) As the light exposes the colors of the world around me God's word brings into focus the,"Immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." I will look for rich mercy, great love and the immeasurable riches of His kindness as I go through this day.

From my earliest memories I have fought with depression but I learned to fight. Sometimes when the day is beginning my mind awakens to the negative thoughts. Just as the light of the Sun replaces the darkness of the night the truth of God's word reveals His great mercy to me and living hope replaces despair.

When I begin my day I start by writing in my diary. I look back over the day that is past and look for God's grace to me, often during the day I'm to busy to notice. I trace in my memory the places I have received mercy. When I have acknowledged the grace and mercy that I have already received it gives me peace. When the day is filled with light and my heart is filled with peace I have the courage to face whatever the day may bring.

Father, thank You for Your grace, mercy and peace. I will look for You today. Thank You for Your promise that when I seek You I will find You. Thank You that I can begin each day with Your promise that You mercy is new and fresh every morning; great is Your faithfulness!



No comments:

Post a Comment