Thursday, October 25, 2012

For Everything There is a Season

I knew eventually I was going to have to begin the painful process of letting go. I wanted to hold on to things that were familiar, things that carried with them memories of a time that was now over. Sometimes its hard to sort through the things that people leave behind, especially if the people are people you have loved dearly and miss terribly. Yet, the truth is that in order to move forward in life I know I must be willing to accept change.

Seasons bring with them an understanding of change. Time does not stand still and there is a time for every matter under heaven. According to Solomon God has made everything beautiful in its time. But I also believe that if I am to understand the beauty of all things I must also accept that God has placed eternity into the hearts of every man even though I do not understand what God has done from the beginning to the end.

How can I find peace in this ever changing world? In order for me to find peace and stability I find I must anchor my hope in something that doesn't change. "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul ,'therefore I will hope in him.'" (Lamentations 3:22-24)

Because the steadfast love of the LORD never ceases and because I believe in the God of eternity who has loved the world so much that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life, I can accept that there is:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to keep silent, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

O LORD, I believe Your word that everything is beautiful in its time but some seasons are harder that others! Grant me the wisdom to know what season I am in and the courage to do what that season requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment