Monday, October 22, 2012

The Answer

There was something I wanted to say but I wasn't sure if I should speak or keep silent. I was in France for my nephew Guillaume's wedding. I wanted to share with Guillaume and Amandine something that had profoundly affected my life and my marriage but I just wasn't sure when or how or if I should do it so I prayed.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."(James 1:5) Part of my lack of wisdom was that I wasn't sure of my motives, was I just wanting to call attention to my self? I also didn't want to be preachy. The truth is I don't even have the wisdom to understand myself. But I do know a God who has promised to give me the wisdom that I lack and so I prayed.

On the Eve of the wedding I received the answer to my prayer when Guillaume told me he had something he wanted me to say at his wedding. He asked me to read 1 Corinthians 13 it was the same passage I had been praying about sharing with him. Years ago I had memorized this passage in several translations. I began the practice of saying it to myself at different times throughout the day. I felt it was a gift God had given me and I wanted to pass it on to my nephew and his bride.

I know that "All Scripture is God- breathed"(2 Timothy 3:16) and when I stood to speak I could feel the breath of God. So many people are confused about what love is. When I shared that day I shared not only words but how the power of the Holy Sprint through Scripture teaches me what is true corrects me when I am wrong and guides me to do what is right.

Lord Jesus, when I'm confused and I don't know what to do Your word invites me to ask with the promise that You are listening. When I am lacking the ability to love I go to Your word and Your Spirit speaks to me teaching , rebuking, correcting and guiding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment