Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finding comfort in the glory of God

When I can't sleep I go outside and sit quietly on my porch in my rocking chair. Embraced by the soft cool air of night I look at the stars I listen to the quiet whispers of night. It is peaceful, it is beautiful, it is majestic. When I feel the glory of the night has entered my soul I begin," Father, who art in Heaven..."

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaim his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge." Psalm 19:1,2  I think the reality of this verse is why I like to pray at night on my porch, I am surrounded by the evidence of the glory of God. I am surrounded by His glory during the day as well but I get distracted by the artificial lights.

Here in the majesty of night I can hear the voice of the Almighty. The creator whose handiwork I see above me invites me to call Him Father. There is a peace and wonder that inters my soul. When my heart and mind are filled with the knowledge declared by the glory of God there is no room for anxiety.

Now it is time for me to rest. I close my eyes and drift peacefully to sleep knowing that I have had audience with the God of the Universe. He invited me to come before His throne and lay my worries down ...and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment