Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Worshiping on my knees in the dressing room

"O great all my jeans are worn out!" Not only that but the shirts I wear to work were stained. I needed to do something about it but didn't have the resources.

I went to the thrift store and was greeted by an employee that told me today it was a buy one get one free shirt day. I found four shirts all the right color for work and then went to the jeans section. There I found three new pairs of L.L. Bean jeans in my size!

In the dressing room I realized I would be able to get four shirts and three new pairs of jeans for less than the regular cost of one pair of  jeans. I knelt in the dressing room and thanked God.

I thanked the woman who was checking me out and then I told her how grateful I was to God for His mercy. There was another woman standing there breathing with the aid of an oxygen tank. She responded, "The Bible says we have not because we ask not."

I shared with her how I think about God's grace like a bank account that is full. God gave us faith to be the checkbook so that we could access the grace. Prayer is the pen we use to fill out the check. The woman standing at the counter smiled and said, "Praise the Lord!"

When I got to my car I turned on the radio and heard Fernando Ortega singing,"Grace pouring forth like a fountain flowing our hearts open wide to sing Your praise." This completed my picture. Because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ God has given me abundant grace. I access this grace by faith when I pray. However, when I thank God for His grace it adds to the blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment