Sunday, May 8, 2011

What's missing in my life?

What's missing in my life? This was a question I was supposed to answer in my Bible study. I think the correct answer should be nothing. I read in Roman 5:2 "Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory." So my question is why do I feel so miserable?

I don't always feel miserable but I did yesterday while I was pondering the question ,"What's missing in my life?" It was just one of those days, I was trying to figure out how to get to the point were I was "rejoicing in the Lord " instead of "grumbling and complaining".

I think in pictures, when I think about grace I think about a bank account. I believe God has placed in my account unfailing love, infinite mercy, redemption and forgiveness for my sin, to name only a few. These things were credited to me as a gift I did not earn them. I believe the value of what has been placed in my account is beyond anything I could have earned.

When my account was opened for me I was also given a checkbook called faith. "Faith is being sure of what you hope for and confident about what you don't see." Hebrew 11:1 My confidence is that in God's love and provision I have every thing I need. I am lacking nothing so back to my original question why was I so miserable yesterday?

I have in my account every thing I need, I have a checkbook, but now I need something to write with. In my mind I see the pen as prayer. In the book of James it says ,"You don't have because you don't ask". Jesus taught that if we asked according to His will we would receive . When the blind man came to Jesus Jesus said,"What do you want me to do for you?" 

When I pray in faith I think of  Jesus."Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2;6-8  This is what it cost to place the grace in my account. When in prayer I turn my attention away from the frustrations of the world and begin to claim what Jesus died to provide for me and my heart begins to change.

Through the "pen" of prayer I fill out the "check" of faith to access my "account " of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment